Dear Soccer Referee:
You need to sign up for all your games though the "GotSoccer" web-based program.
You will only be assigned YOUTH LEAGUE (MRL, ISL, ICL, CIYSL and/or GIRLS)
games via GotSoccer.
I would like to offer you some instructions so you can make yourself
available for the upcoming season's games.
The web site you will need to know is http://www.gotsport.com/home.aspx.
First click on the "User Login" button, then hit the Referee Login. You may have already received an e-mail from firstname.lastname@example.org with a previously assigned user id and password. If you've forgotten your User Id/Password, you can retrieve them if needed. Look for the "Referee Password Lookup" link below the Referee Login entry area. If this doesn't work, you can contact Steve Brink at email@example.com or 317-339-8271 and he can help you retrieve the previously assigned user id / password. If you are a new referee you can build your own account by hitting the "Register" button on this page.
- Login to http://www.gotsport.com/home.aspx. The tabs you will need
are located in the blue and gray bars at the top of this page.
- Click on the "Home" (blue bar) and then "Contact Information" (gray
- You will see a page titled "Referee Information". Please adjust
this as necessary to insure it reflects the most current and complete
information possible. (Your Gender and Date of Birth is required so the
assignors will know how best to assign you. A photo is not necessary)
- If you are a minor (under 18 yrs old), please include a parental
e-mail address so they are included in all referee communications
- Click on "Account Access" (gray bar) if you want to adjust your User
ID and/or Password to something easier to remember
- In the "GotSoccer" application, you need to manage your calendar so
the assignors know when you DO NOT want to be considered for game
assignments. Click on "Calendar" (gray bar) to manage your availability.
You will see a page titled "Referee/Official - Main Menu". If you DO NOT
want to be considered for ANY game assignments, change the Referee Status to "Unavailable". You can set yourself up as "Available except where noted" or "Unavailable except where noted" (if you are a player with limited availability this might be the simplest method)
- You can also manage your availability to open/exclude a whole day
and/or just part of a day. In the calendar, click the "+"to open or "X" to
block the whole day or click on the pencil icon to open/block out specific
hours of the day
- After you have completed your calendar click on "My Schedule" (blue
bar) and "Availability" (gray bar), so you can set your age group
preferences. Find the "Age Group Preferences" box and click on the age
groups that you feel comfortable centering
- Be sure to continuously manage your calendar for the entire season
(March through June (Spring) and August through October (Fall))
- The next thing you need to do is make yourself available to the
Youth Events. Click on the "Upcoming Events" (blue bar) and then "Search
Events" (gray bar). Select "IN" within the State box and "League" and/or
"Training" in the Event Type box and then click the "GO" button
- Select the events that interest you like (i.e. GIRLS, CIYSL, ICL,
ISL, MRL, FC Pride Friendlies (all in-house Friendlies), etc.) then click on the "Register for Event" button
- After you've registered for the events, you'll need to manage your
assignors list. Click on the "Referee Assignors" (blue bar) and you'll be
shown a list of all the assignors associated with the events you selected.
You want this list to show ONLY those assignors/clubs you want to accept
games from. To see the site click on the plus sign next to the right of the event. Hit the "Cancel Assignor" button next to the assignor you don't want to work with. When you are done, the assignors you want should have a green bar to the left of their name and the ones you don't should have a red bar.
THIS STEP IS IMPORTANT. DO NOT NEGLECT THIS STEP.There are also a large number of Indiana hosted youth tournaments this year. You can signup for these via GotSoccer too.
- To make yourself available to the Tournaments, Click on the
"Upcoming Events" (blue bar) and the "Search Events" (gray bar). Select
"IN" within the State box and "Tournament" in the Event Type box and then
click the "GO" button.
- Select the events that interest you by clicking on the "Register for
Event" button or by selecting the event name (You'll be shown a page with
more information about the event.) Then just press the "Register as
Referee" button at the bottom).You should also contact your assignors via e-mail to tell them what events
Thank you, Dilip Vyas referee assignor .